Now that president-elect Donald Trump will soon take the oath of office, his golf book that has been in print since May 2005 may get a lot more exposure. “Trump: The Best Golf Advice I Ever Received” is a compilation of more than 200 entries. Details are from players, business people, and celebrities with each sharing their respective golf advice to help others play better.
While it’s always interesting to learn about presidential history or their lives, the president-elect is a lifelong lover of the game and owns several golf courses. Also, he sports about a four handicap. People from all walks of life offer insight to cover every aspect of the game. In addition to advice from Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer, one solid piece of advice comes from Molly Baney. The well-respected golf instructor explains:
I could have saved years of effort if only someone had told me in the beginning to do five things:
- Count the cost – This includes time, physical energy, practice, money, and emotional energy required to build a golf game. It is usually underestimated even by great athletes who play the game. It’s a process that takes lots of time, patience, and perseverance.
- Seek an excellent golf teaching professional
- Practice fundamentals until you develop mastery
- Visualize your success
- For optimum performance, use the best equipment. After building the fundamentals of your swing, seek a certified professional club fitter and purchase custom-fit clubs.
Another Excerpts in the President-Elect’s Book Includes:
- Baseball Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith talks about not over-swinging: “Just learn to allow the club to do what it’s supposed to do because the ball is sitting still.”
- Actor Michael Douglas has a specific routine to slow his tempo. He says his wife’s name, Catherine Zeta-Jones and doesn’t even think of starting to bring the club down until he gets to “Jones.”
Available in Kindle or hardcover format, the 320-page “Trump: The Best Golf Advice I Ever Received” is set for a reprint given the author’s current status as president-elect of the United States.Research Campgrounds, Plan RV Safe Routes & Turn your phone into an RV GPS.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days