• Red Wine & Chocolate– Feb. 14 and 15 and Feb. 21 and 22, 2009 – each winery pairs a selected red wine with various forms of chocolate.
• Lake ChelanNouveau– Apr. 18 and 19 and Apr. 25 and 26, 2009 – the first opportunity to sample and purchase each winery’s new white wine releases.
• Spring Barrel Tasting– May 16 and 17, 2009 – tour the region to sample wines that have not yet been bottled or released.
• Lake ChelanCrush– throughout Oct. 2009 with special events Oct. 3 and 4 and Oct. 10 and 11 – Experience your first crush again. Each winery celebrates with harvest season with wine making demonstrations and educational activities.
• Thanksgiving Barrel Tasting– Nov. 27, 28 and 29, 2009 – Enjoy pre-released wines from each winery.
Discover more than a dozen boutique wineries nestled amongst the rolling hills that cradle the sparkling clear waters of Lake Chelan. Each winery is located within a reasonable drive from historic downtown Chelan. From an old-world retreat to an intimate cottage, each winery offers a unique setting and experience to complement their premium wines. Many offer food options that range from a light snack to a multi-course meal. Each winery lists their own special events on their individual web sites which can all be linked from www.lakechelanwinevalley.com.
Wineries include Benson Vineyards, Chelan Estates Winery, Four Lakes Winery, Hard Row to Hoe Vineyards, KarMa Vineyards, Lake Chelan Winery, Nefarious Cellars, Rio Vista Wines, Tildio Winery, Tsillan Cellars, Tunnel Hill Winery, Vin du Lac Winery and Wapato Point Cellars.
The Lake Chelan Wine Growers Association is a non-profit, membership-based organization. Its members include wineries, growers, and business partners who bring passion, talent and dedication to the cultivation of world-class vineyards, the production of extraordinary wines, and the creation of a wine destination experience that reflects both the visual and sensual beauty of the Lake Chelan Wine Valley. For a complete calendar of the many Lake Chelan area events, or to learn about accommodations please visit www.cometothelake.com.