There’s always something new to learn about the RVing lifestyle. Thankfully, you’ll find many experienced RVers who can show you the ropes through well-written RV lifestyle books available on Amazon.
Not all RV lifestyle books are created alike, however. Recently a slew of “RVing life hacks” e-books have appeared on Amazon. Suspiciously all two dozen or so appear to be written by the same author, but each has a different nom de plume. We’d would share these books with you, but since we couldn’t locate any information about the credibility of the authors’ RVing experience, instead we’re spotlighting two RV lifestyle books by legitimate RVing authors with credibility.
Written by iconic full-time RVing authors Bill and Jan Moeller, this boondocking handbook is a must read for RVers with little to no experience dry camping. Even those who do have dry camping experience will find useful tips they hadn’t considered.
Ever feel frustrated by crowded RV parks? Yearn to camp out in the wild beside a babbling mountain brook or before a remote panoramic vista? Bill and Jan Moeller have been doing just that for more than thirty years, and The Complete Book of Boondock RVing is their complete guide to camping without hookups (aka “dry camping”). Whether you’re planning to spend an occasional overnight in a parking lot or an extended stay in the wilderness, you’ll learn how to equip your rig for boondocking, find great campsites, manage and conserve electricity and water, and camp in complete RV comfort and convenience.
- Increase your independence by learning how to camp “off the grid”
- Save money by finding cheap or free campsites anywhere–even in large cities
- Ensure your comfort, convenience, and safety when camping in the boonies
- Learn how to conserve and manage electricity, water, and waste, and to establish reliable communications
- Enjoy the quiet, solitude, and beauty of nature by getting away from crowded RV campgrounds
Next up on our list of great RV lifestyle books for every camper,
Imagine a life with no deadlines, no neighbors, no leaves to rake, and no lawn to mow. The open road beckons, and your home goes with you wherever you travel. Welcome to the world of fulltime RVing–self-sufficient, comfortable, and mobile. Living Aboard Your RV will help you decide if this lifestyle is the right choice for you, taking you through every step of hitting the road fulltime.
Written by longtime full-time RVer, sailor and professional author Janet Groene, this book will give you a lot of bang for your hard-earned buck. The fourth edition of this unique RV bestseller includes:
- The latest information and updated photos of new RV models and trends, especially the growing popularity of RV life for young families and people who make a living on the go
- What you need to know when choosing the best RV and equipment for your needs
- Expert advice for maintaining and securing your RV
- Fresh tips and new techniques for homeschooling your kids and keeping them involved and learning on the road
- How to use the Internet to keep in touch, make a living, manage your finances, and more
Visit Amazon for these and other credible, helpful books about the RV lifestyle.
Often called “The O.G. of full-time RVing,” Rene Agredano and her husband Jim Nelson hit the road in a fifth wheel trailer in 2007, after their dog Jerry lost a leg to terminal cancer. Sixteen years later they are still traveling and sharing their nomadic adventures at LiveWorkDream. As a self-employed wordsmith, Rene shares her expertise for many RV industry videos, publications such as the Escapees RV Club Magazine, and has authored numerous books, including the Essential RVing Guide to National Parks, and Income Anywhere, a guide to earning money on the road. She has been featured in global media outlets including the PBS documentary “NATURE: Why We Love Cats and Dogs,” The Guardian Sunday Edition, and the Dan Pink book Free Agent Nation.