Regarded as one of the greatest players in golf history, Gary Player will turn 80 years old in a few weeks. The winner of 165 tournaments worldwide over a five decade period was born Nov. 1, 1935 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Hall of Fame golfer is legendary to say the least. As one of the most successful international golfers of all time, Player has achieved the kind of worldwide acclaim reserved for only a handful of sporting greats. He is, quite simply, world class. Gary Player is renowned as much for his dedication to the principles of excellence as he is for his golfing accomplishments. He is recognized worldwide as an uncompromising perfectionist who settles for nothing but the best. His impeccable set of values, stringent regimen of health and fitness, and insistence on quality, have earned him admiration the world over.
Recognized around the globe as the Black Knight, Mr. Fitness, and the International Ambassador of Golf, Gary Player is also a renowned golf course architect with more than 300 design projects throughout the world.
Even more impressive than all of Players’ worldwide golf victories are his Ten Commandments of Life. He has lived his life based on the following commandments, enabling him success achieved by very few.
Gary Player’s Ten Commandments of Life
1. Change is the price of survival.
2. Everything in business is negotiable, except quality.
3. A promise made is a debt incurred.
4. For all we take in life we must pay.
5. Persistence and common sense are more important than intelligence.
6. The fox fears not the man who boasts by night but the man who rises early in the morning.
7. Accept the advice of the man who loves you, though you like it not at present.
8. Trust instinct to the end, though you cannot render any reason.
9. The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but that while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night.
10. There is no substitute for personal contact.
Happy Birthday Gary Player!
# # #