Show Chairman Dan Salzgiver, an RV and park model dealer from Hanover, Pa., promises a “fabulous” show this year, with at least 20 percent more products than last year’s show.
Sponsored by the 368-member Pennsylvania Recreation Vehicle and Camping Association (PRVCA), the show will cover 1.6 million square feet of display space.
The park model manufacturers displaying this year are Bridgeview Manufacturing Co. Inc., Cavco Industries Inc., Chariot Eagle Inc., CrossRoads RV, Dutch Park Homes Inc., Fairmont Park Trailers, Kropf Industries Inc., Silver Top Manufacturing Co. Inc., The Barnyard and Woodland Park Inc.
Park models are among the most unique products to be featured at the show because you don’t drive them and you don’t tow them. Retailing for about $40,000, these are cottage-like units with peaked shingled roofs, bay windows and lofts that people use as weekend retreats and vacation homes.
Because they have wheels and sit on a chassis, they are classified as recreational vehicles, so they can be placed in scenic campgrounds and RV resorts, which are often off limits to both mobile and manufactured homes.
The show is important for manufacturers, dealers, vendors and park owners as the show features the first look at 2011 products.
“I’m hoping we get a little shot in the arm at Hershey,” said Brad Bryant, owner of Bryant’s RV Showcase Inc. in Dallas, Pa.
The Hershey show is the first chance consumers will see many of the new models. Manufacturers often show their new units at Hershey, and then give them a final tweak before the National RV Show in Louisville, Ky., in December. “It’s good for me and it’s good for the whole industry,” Bryant said.
That’s why Salzgiver and Bryant and other park model dealers expect a good show and are hoping to write some orders.
Media may contact the park model exhibitors and suppliers at the following locations:?
• Bridgeview Manufacturing Co. Inc., 25876 Miner Rd. Elkhart, IN 46514; (877) 775-4591; www.bridgeviewmfg.com.?
• Cavco Industries Inc., 2602 S. 35th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85009 (800) 790-9111; www.cavco.com.?
• Chariot Eagle Inc., 931 NW 37th Ave., Ocala, FL 34475; (352) 629-7007; www.charioteagle.com.?
• CrossRoads RV, 305 Hawpatch Dr. Topeka, IN 46571; (888) 226-7496; www.crossroadsrv.com.?
• Dutch Park Homes Inc., 2948 Hackberry Dr. Goshen, IN 46526; (574) 642-0150; www.dutchpark.com.?
• Fairmont Park Trailers, Box 27, Nappanee, IN 46550; (800) 777-8787; www.fairmontparktrailers.com.?
• Kropf Industries Inc., 58647 S.R. 15, Goshen, IN 46527; (800) 634-2171; www.kropfind.com.?
• Silver Top Manufacturing Co. Inc., (a builder of add on rooms), 11120 Pulaski Highway, White Marsh, MD 21162; (800) 638-6960; www.rvtwoway.com. ?
• The Barnyard, 52 Mill St., Christiana, PA (610) 593-8400; www.barnyardsheds.com.?
• Woodland Park Inc., 111 Crystal Heights Blvd., Middlebury, IN 46540; (800) 999-4958; www.woodland-park.com.
The Hershey Show is all about sales, but there is a significant educational component for the industry, too. Besides the trade show, PRVCA has brought together a number of noted speakers to discuss current topics.
For more information about the recreational park trailer industry, for digital photos or to speak with consumer, campground and dealer sources in your area, please contact William Garpow, executive director of the Recreational Park Trailer Industry Association, at (770) 251-2672 or visit the association’s website at HYPERLINK “http://www.rptia.com” www.rptia.com.Research Campgrounds, Plan RV Safe Routes & Turn your phone into an RV GPS.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days