According to the company, the app for smartphones and tablets allows users to automatically generate customized routes based on vehicle size and class, including height, weight and length. The app is also said to provide reliable navigation even in areas of sporadic coverage.
“We’ve taken a great deal of care to create a CoPilot GPS navigation app designed specifically for the unique needs of RV drivers,” said David Quin, VP consumer applications at ALK Technologies. “CoPilot RV is an affordable tool to navigate a RV or motorhome confidently throughout the U.S. and Canada, without users worrying about traveling on restricted roads or losing guidance in areas with spotty data coverage.”
Some highlights include:
- Route planning, which avoids narrow local roads, low bridges and other restricted byways
- Clear, easy-to-follow directions
- Access to millions of pre-installed locations like campgrounds, rest areas and gas stations
- A multi-stop itinerary builder that can add up to 50 stops across the country
- Voice-guided turn instructions, automatic route recalculation, advanced lane guidance at highway exits and intersections, as well as speed limit warnings (when posted speed is exceeded).
- 12 months of real-time traffic service
- Free map updates of the U.S. and Canada
Additionally, CoPilot RV can be downloaded directly to a smartphone or tablet for offline use, eliminating the need for a mobile data network connection in remote areas, says the company.
For the full list of features visit: https://copilotgps.com/us/rv-navigation/