With Super Bowl XLIX in Phoenix just over a week away, visitors should not forget their golf clubs when headed to the sunny climes of the Grand Canyon State. Featuring nearly 200 golf courses and dozens of RV parks in the greater Phoenix area, staying and playing is not a problem in Arizona, although it may be a little more challenging during Super Bowl weekend. Phoenix offers more than 300 days of sunshine annually, with temperatures in the 70s and 80s at this time of year. With that gorgeous weather, here are several golf courses to consider during your Super Bowl visit to Phoenix.
Home of the largest-attended tournament in the world, the fan-favorite Waste Management Phoenix Open, TPC Scottsdale is a masterful blend of challenge and playability. It attracts top players and recreational golfers alike. As Arizona’s only PGA Tour property, TPC Scottsdale is set in the rugged Sonoran Desert and features stunning views of the McDowell Mountains. TPC Scottsdale boasts 36 holes of inspiring golf. The par 71, 7,216-yard Stadium Course was designed by Jay Morrish and Tom Weiskopf; the Champions Course, at 7,115 yards, offers undulating Bermuda fairways, pristine greens, and challenging bunkers. The final round wraps up on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 1.
To help plan your golf adventure in Phoenix, visit www.troongolf.com. Troon Golf manages 10 upscale, daily-fee properties located in Scottsdale and Phoenix, including Troon North, The Phoenician, Kierland Golf Club, Talking Stick Golf Club, and Whirlwind Golf Club to name a few.
Also, for the budget conscious, here are a few suggestions for courses under the $100 threshold:
- Papago Golf Course – $74-$89 currently, includes a cart.
- Encanto Golf Course – $23-$40, additional $14 for cart per seat, through April 15th!
- Aguila Golf Course – $25-$47, additional $14 for cart per seat, through April 12th!
- Maryvale Municipal Golf Course – Though a favorite of many visitors, Maryvale is under renovation until this fall.
- Foothills Golf Club – $18-$60 online rate currently, includes cart.
- Club West Golf Club – $25-$65 online rate currently, includes cart.
- Arizona Grand Resort – $50-$160 currently, book online for the best prices!
Enjoy that sunshine!