By listening to consumer feedback, Thor Motor Coach of Elkhart, Indiana, will be adding a series of upgrades and appointments to its A.C.E, Hurricane and Windsport Class A Motorhome models for 2017.
From vinyl flooring and increased head room to black tank flush systems, power roller shades and new exterior appointments, users can expect a variety of choices designed to meet their individual needs on the road.
“One aspect consumers are always looking for is functionality, including how the motorhome operates, how it works, and what improves their lifestyle.” Jon Krider, Marketing Director for Thor Motor Coach, told RVlife.com. “The way RVers look at motorhomes today is much different than 20 years ago. They now want a motorhome that’s a lot like their automobile. They simply want to get behind the wheel, enjoy their trip, and relax at the end result. Then they want to do it again the next time they plan to get away.”
Krider explained that the company meets this criteria based on consumer feedback, determining popular standards and options. The Thor Product Development team then takes the suggestions (while recognizing industry trends) and implements the upgrades accordingly.
“The ACE is one of the top selling gas Class A in North America and it`s been popular for the last three or four years as it stayed in a similar price strategy and is targeted at consumers moving up from a class C or a trailer,” said Krider. “The Hurricane and Windsport are a step up from the A.C.E. The consumer may not be a first-time Class A buyer, but they may be looking for a little more luxury or a larger floorplan. Or, they may be down grading from a 45-foot diesel pusher while still being provided with homey feel.”
Select Highlights of the 2017 Class A Models include:
• Optional Brazilian cherry wood.
• Vinyl flooring, countertops, wall board colors and border trim.
• A black tank flush system to rinse the blank tank prior to dumping the tanks.
• New vent covers on attic fans.
• Interior and exterior Flatscreen TVs.
• Increased 84-inch interior height.
• Cockpit Power front shades
• Flush-mount rear view camera
• Redesigned front/rear caps
• HD-MAX partial paint color options
• New kitchens with larger backsplashes, drawers and expanded cabinets.
• larger windows
• Redesigned front and rear caps
• Select floor plans are to include 32-inch TVs for the exterior and galley.
According to Thor, all Class A motorhomes for 2017 will be upgraded with efficient LED lighting in the step wells and for reading lights in the master bedrooms.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days