With a handful of new class A motorhomes in dealer showrooms after an early-summer launch, Thor Motor Coach (TMC) has introduced a new wave of models for 2017. These include a Palazzo floorplan, two Four Winds Class C models, plus a series of concepts designed for first-time and seasoned RVers alike.
The Palazzo Floorplan and Four Winds Class C Models
In its class A diesel line comes the new Palazzo 36.3. According to Thor, this bath-and-half model sports hardwood, high-gloss cabinetry, pass through storage, ample seating areas, and an ensuite bathroom. There’s also a king-size bed with what the company calls the Tilt-A-View inclining bed system.
According to Jon Krider, marketing director for Thor, this system allows users to raise or lower the bed to exact comfort levels. However, when it’s completely raised, it increases space between the wardrobe and bed by about 20 inches, offering easier access to the ensuite.
“The Palazzo is the step-in model to our diesel line,” says Krider. “There are many features in the 36.3. So when buyers go from a high-end gas unit they’re not taking a step back into a diesel coach.”
Other news for 2017 includes the new 24HL Chateau and 24FS Four Winds Class C models. Running on a Sprinter chassis, these diesel models are said to deliver approximately five to seven more miles per gallon compared to a gas chassis.
With its series of features, optimum storage, sleeping accommodations, and entertaining capabilities, the FS and HL have dual slide rooms to provide spacious accommodations when set up in camp.
“RVers want a compact unit where they can travel as a couple or with children without feeling cramped,” says Krider. “The 24FS and 24HL have the ideal compactness of a coach, but with ample space and improved fuel efficiency.”
Expect More from Thor Motor Coach
In all, according to TMC, the company announced a total of 18 new floorplans for 2017 including:
- The G36 floor plan for its Venetian Class A diesel pusher with an electric fireplace and 55-inch TV.
- New interiors and a Rand McNally RV GPS Navigation system for its Tuscany diesel motorhomes.
- The 25.5 floorplans for the Axis and Vegas RUV Class A coaches.
- New floor plans for Gemini and Compass RUV motorhomes.
- The 24TX is now available on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis.
- The New Quantum RQ29 features an exterior galley and TV.
- Thor is also offering the The Four Winds and Chateau 35SM Super C models on a Ford F-550 chassis. There`s also high-gloss solid wood cabinetry and new front entertainment center.
- A Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis is now available for the Synergy RB24
- The Challenger 37YT features a triple slideout with dual vanity bathroom sinks.
- A New Miramar 37.1 is complete with two full bathrooms and bunk beds.
Try the RV LIFE Pro Bundle FREE for 7 days