Please note this page will be updated as more information is available. Let us know in the comments or on this iRV2 Forum thread if there are any private campgrounds or RV parks that have closed that are not on this list.
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
Many businesses are closing indefinitely to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak, including several campgrounds and state parks. Here’s what will remain open and temporarily closed in each state, but since things change quickly, be sure that you check their website and call ahead if you do plan on visiting.
All U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (COE) managed campgrounds have begun an orderly shutdown. In addition, visitor centers, beaches, special events, and USACE-sponsored events such as shore sweeps, interpretive programs, Kids to Parks, Earth Day events, public meetings and other public gatherings have been closed and/or put on hold until further notice.
Here is a list of U.S. Military campgrounds and FamCamps that are closed.
Many private campgrounds remain open. Check with each campground individually if not listed.
Alabama State Parks will keep their campgrounds and trails open until further notice. However, both private and public beaches will be closed, including all the beaches in Gulf State Park. The pier will still remain open at this time.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Alaska.
No state park or national park closures have been reported due to the virus (though many are still closed for the season). This list provides more information on local impacts by COVID-19.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Arizona.
- Grand Canyon National Park is closed due to health concerns.
- Petrified Forest National Park is temporarily closed as of 3/24/2020
- Saguaro National Park has closed their visitor centers and restrooms as well as all public programs and fee collections.
Arizona State Park campgrounds and trails are open, but all events have been canceled and all historic parks, contact stations/visitor centers, and gift shops are closed until May 8. The Discovery Center at Kartchner Caverns State Park is also closed
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Arkansas.
Arkansas State Parks campgrounds, cabins, lodges, gift shops, and visitor centers are closed. Restrooms and day use areas, such trails used for hiking, mountain biking, and wildlife watching remain open.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in California.
California National Parks
- Yosemite is now closed to all park visitors until further notice.
- Joshua Tree has closed all entrances, campgrounds, and paved roads indefinitely.
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon NP is open with limited facilities. The Visitor Center, Giant Forest Museum, and the parks’ Wilderness Office are temporarily closed. However, three campgrounds remain open: Azalea in Grant Grove, and Potwisha and Buckeye Flat in the Sequoia foothills.
- Redwood National Park – The park remains open, but campgrounds and visitor centers will be closed until further notice.
- Death Valley National Park – All visitor centers and campgrounds are closed, including Furnace Creek, Mesquite Spring, Texas Springs, Emigrant, Stovepipe Wells, and Sunset campgrounds.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park – The national park is open, but the visitor center will remain closed. Their 24-hour vestibule remains open and offers restrooms, water, and backcountry self-registration.
- Pinnacles National Park – All nature centers and visitor centers will be closed.
- Point Reyes National Seashore – All campgrounds and visitor centers will be closed until at least April 7, 2020.
State and regional parks
Several regional and city park campgrounds have closed, including the following:
- East Bay: Anthony Chabot Regional Park Campground and Del Valle Regional Park Campground are closed.
- Los Angeles County: Dockweiler RV Park has closed.
- Orange County: Campsites at O’Neill Regional Park and Caspers Wilderness Park are closed (wilderness areas and beaches remain open at this time).
- Riverside County: The following campgrounds have closed: Bogart Regional, Hurkey Creek, Idyllwild, Lake Cahuilla, Lake Skinner, Mayflower, McCall Memorial Equestrian, Rancho Jarupa.
- San Bernadino: Regional parks have closed, including: Calico Ghost Town Park, Glen Helen, Moabi, Mojave Narrows, Mojave River Forks, Prado, Yucaipa
- Santa Barbara: County park campgrounds are now closed, including Cachuma Lake and Jalama Beach.
- Santa Clara: County Parks are closed. This includes Coyote Lake, Joseph D. Grant, Mt. Madonna, Sanborn, and Uva’s Canyon.
- San Diego: Kumeyaay Lake Campground in Mission Trails Regional Park is closed.Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego is closed through April 10. All beaches, bays, lakes and hiking trails have also been closed as of 03-23-20 in the City of San Diego.
- Sonoma County: Regional Park Campgrounds are closed, including Doran, Westside, Stillwater Cove, Gualala Point, Spring Lake.
Casino RV park closures
- Gold Country – Oroville, CA
- Jackson Rancheria – Jackson, CA
- Win River – Redding, CA
- Rolling Hills Casino in Corning, CA has closed their casino, resort, golf course, Traveler’s center, and truck lot. The Chevron convenience store has been closed, but the fuel pumps can still be accessed with credit card payments. Their RV Park is open with cash only payment for $25 per night. Get more info on their website.
- The Pala Casino Resort & Spa: The RV park, parking lot, and dump station are all closed until at least April 15, 2020.
Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort in Orange County remains open and offers stranded campers a place to reside during these uncertain times. Newport Dunes is welcoming campers while adhering to guidelines made by the CDC, state, county, and local organizations. For updates, visit their website at newportdunes.com/covid-19/.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Colorado.
National parks in Colorado
- Rocky Mountain National Park – Campgrounds and visitor centers will remain closed until further notice, and all scheduled ranger programs have been canceled.
- Mesa Verde National Park is open, but the visitor center and museum are closed. The facilities, including Morefield Campground, has a new opening season date of May 1st (though it is still subject to change).
- Great Sand Dunes National Park – The visitor center is closed as well as the park store. The seasonal campground is currently closed.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison – Road closures including the South Rim Road beyond the visitor center, North Rim Road, and East Portal Road are all closed for the winter. The visitor center is also now temporarily closed. The South Rim Campground Loop A is open but water is not currently available.
- Curecanti National Recreation Area Elk Creek Campground and visitor area is now closed. The remaining campgrounds are also closed: Lake Fork, Stevens Creek, Cimarron, Red Creek, Dry Gulch, Ponderosa, and East Portal.
Currently, several Colorado Parks and Wildlife Areas still remain open, however, all playgrounds, campgrounds, dispersed camping and camping facilities (including yurts and cabins) at Colorado’s state parks as well as camping at State Wildlife Areas are closed. All fees will be waived if you need to change and/or cancel any existing camping reservations until further notice.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Connecticut.
Connecticut State Park campgrounds are closed.
Connecticut publicly managed campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Delaware.
All Delaware beaches have closed until May 15th due to a state of emergency order. Delaware State Parks are still open, but campgrounds are closed and reservations are canceled through May 15. The visitor centers and nature centers will be closed and all programs and events are canceled.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Florida.
- Everglades National Park in Southern Florida will remain open, but visitor centers and entrance stations are closed until further notice. The frontcountry campgrounds will be closed. Ranger-led programs and other visitor activities are canceled. Entrance fees are waived during this time.
- Dry Tortugas National Park has closed their campground and visitor center, and canceled all visitor activities like the ranger-led programs.
All 175 Florida State Parks will be closed until further notice.
All Forest Service Campgrounds in Florida are closed as of March 20. See this document for a complete list of closures. In addition, several Fish and Wildlife Management Areas will be closing campgrounds and prohibiting camping. Check out their website here for more information on all of the individual areas.
City and County Parks
- Brevard County Parks are closed. All community centers, nature centers and EEL education centers are closed. Beachside public parking and beachside parks are also closed.
- Broward County Parks are closed, including C.B. Smith Park Campground, Easterlin Park Campground, Markham Park Campground, T.Y. Park (Topeekeegee)
- Flagler County Parks are closed. Princess Place Reserve and Bull Creek Campground.
- Indian River County McDonald Park Campground is closed.
- Jacksonville City Park campgrounds are closed: Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, Dutton Island Preserve, Huguenot Memorial Park
- Miami-Dade County All parks, beaches and recreational facilities in Miami-Dade County, including municipalities, are closed. Larry & Penny Thompson Park is closed.
- Monroe County (Florida Keys) Board of County Commissioners ordered the cancellation of all short-term (28 days or less) RV park reservations starting March 22. This applies to both public and private campgrounds. More information.
- Orange County campgrounds are closed. Moss Park, Kelly Park, Clarcona Horse, Magnolia Park and Trimble Park.
- Pinellas County: Fort De Soto Campground is not accepting new reservations, but remains open for existing reservations. Visitors can receive a full refund for reservations upon request.
- Port St. Lucie County Parks is no longer accepting new reservations for Savannas Recreation Area Campground. All existing campers are encouraged to stay put through March 30.
The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) has suspended camping on all District-managed lands for 60 days, as of March 19. Public access for other recreation purposes (aside from camping) still remains open at this time.
The Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) closed all of their campgrounds throughout the 16-county region for 30 days, effective March 18. Recreational activities are still currently allowed.
The Northwest Florida Water Management District (NWFWMD) is closing each of its reservation campsites and developed recreation areas beginning Monday, March 23, for the next 60 days. This includes picnic areas, swimming areas, and other developed recreation sites.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is closed along with the theme parks, water parks, and their other lodging and attractions. They will remain closed at least through the end of the month (or until further notice).
- Torry Island Campground in Belle Grade is temporarily closed.
- Jetty Park Campground in Port Canaveral is closed until May 1st.
- Wilderness RV Park just outside of Ocala Florida is reportedly canceling reservations.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Georgia.
All Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites will remain open. This includes their hiking trails, campsites, fishing docks, golf courses, and other accommodations. Some of the ranger-led programs have been modified in accordance with public health recommendations.
The Savannah District has closed campgrounds at its Savannah River reservoirs:
- All existing reservations at Petersburg Campground will be honored at this time. No new reservations can be made.
- Campers with reservations at Watsadler Campground and Twin Lakes Campground (SC) who have already arrived or who arrive on March 18 will be allowed to remain through the end of their reservation. All future reservations will be canceled.
- Campgrounds that have not yet opened for the season will delay opening until further notice, including Coneross Campground, Georgia River Campground, Oconee Point Campground (SC), Paynes Creek Campground, and Springfield Campground (SC).
- Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Hawaii.
All Hawaii State Parks and campgrounds will be closed until further notice.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Idaho.
Idaho State Parks are closed.
Boise National Park, multiple campground closures.
Idaho Panhandle National Park campgrounds are closed.
Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Payette National campgrounds will be delayed opening.
All Idaho Power campgrounds are closed and they are not accepting new reservations at this time. Day-use parks and boat ramps will remain open.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Illinois.
Illinois State Parks and IDNR-owned sites are temporarily closed. COE campgrounds in the St. Louis District are now closed. Reservations between March 20 and April 3rd are canceled and refunds will be provided.
Cook County Forest Preserve campgrounds closed. Camp Bullfrog Lake, Camp Sullivan, Camp Reinberg.
The Louisville District managed facilities are closed including day-use of recreation areas and campground openings have been postponed until further notice.
The Rock Island District has delayed opening their seasonal campgrounds until further notice. They have also closed all day-use areas, beaches, and visitor centers. The boat ramps and trails will remain open and available.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Indiana.
Indiana Dunes National Park buildings and restrooms are temporarily closed for the safety of staff and visitors until further notice. Beach access is also temporarily closed until May 1.
All Indiana DNR properties are open, including state parks, forests, wildlife areas, nature reserves, and recreation areas.
Indiana State Park campgrounds are closed.
All Corps-managed recreation areas in the Louisville District and public facilities like beaches, picnic areas, and restrooms will be closed. Campground openings in this district will be postponed until further notice.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Iowa.
Iowa State Park campgrounds are closed.
Iowa county and city campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Kansas.
Kansas State Parks remain open, but have several facility closures, including nature centers and education centers. It is highly recommended that you call ahead before visiting for the latest information.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Kentucky.
Mammoth Cave National Park has closed all campgrounds until further notice. The park has also closed all cave tours and the visitor center in accordance with the CDC guidelines.
Daniel Boone National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Kentucky State Park campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Louisiana.
All Louisiana State Parks and Historic sites are now temporarily closed to the public. The closure will remain in effect until April 13, and no new reservations will be accepted prior to that date.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Maine.
Acadia National Park is closed until further notice, including all park roads, facilities, and services.
Maine State Park campgrounds are closed.
All Maine public and private campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Maryland.
Maryland State Parks and all private campgrounds are now required to close, however, persons residing in recreational vehicles at campgrounds who genuinely have no other viable place of residence may remain in the campground. Such persons should comply with all applicable guidance from the CDC regarding social distancing.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Massachusetts.
While Massachusetts State Parks are closed, several facilities will close, including many visitor centers and campgrounds. These include Beartown State Forest Campground, Mohawk Trail State Forest Campground, Scusset Beach State Reservation Campground, Daughters of the American Revolution Campground, and Savoy Mountain State Forest Campground.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Michigan.
- Isle Royale National Park is closed annually through April 15 including Isle Royale and the surrounding islands. The waters of Lake Superior are still open to boaters. Islands are set to reopen April 16.
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore has temporarily closed their visitor center. All trails still remain open to the public.
Michigan State Park campgrounds are closed.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources has closed public access to many facilities and are canceling all group events and programs until further notice. Also closing are customer service centers and field offices to the public. The latest information on Michigan COVID-19 closures can be found on their website.
City of Harbor Beach closed North Park Campground.
Elks Lodge #552 closed it’s campground.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Minnesota.
Voyageurs National Park is still open but has temporarily closed their visitor centers & headquarters.
Minnesota State Parks – Campgrounds, group camps, and remote campsites at all state parks, state forests, and state recreation areas are closed. This includes closure of visitor centers and contact stations (visitors will need to pay through self-pay and informational kiosks located at each facility). State park restrooms, vault toilets, and shower buildings that are currently open will remain open, with increased cleaning protocols.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Mississippi.
Mississippi National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Mississippi State Park campgrounds are closed. Lakes and wildlife management areas will also remain open for fishing.
Ameristar Vicksburg RV Park in Vicksburg has been reported is closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Missouri.
Mark Twain National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Missouri State Parks remain open for the trails, day-use areas, and boat ramps. All state park campgrounds and lodging will be closed as of March 27 through April 30.
Jackson County campgrounds are closed. Jacomo Campground, Blue Springs Lake Campground and Longview campground.
City of Waynesville Roubideax Springs Campground is closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Montana.
Montana National Parks campgrounds are closed.
Montana State Park campgrounds are closed. All State Parks will remain open for day-use recreation. Additionally, visitor centers, group use facilities, playgrounds, fishing piers, and some latrines will be impacted by the closure.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Nebraska.
Humboldt -Toiyabe National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Southern Nevada BLM Red Rock Canyon Camoground is closed.
Nebraska State Parks and Recreation Areas All Nebraska Game and Parks Commission park offices, visitor centers, education centers, and service centers are temporarily closed to the public. Park lodging and cabin rentals are closed through May 8.Park grounds are open for day use, including hiking, fishing, and wildlife watching.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Nevada.
Great Basin National Park has temporarily closed their campgrounds, Lehman Cave Visitor Center, and suspended the cave tours.
Nevada State Park campgrounds are closed, but the parks remain open for day-use. All state park museums, visitor centers, gift shops, and offices are also closed.
City of Gehrig Robideax RV Park is closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in New Hampshire.
White Mountain National Forest please see website for list of closed campgrounds.
New Hampshire State Parks campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in New Jersey.
All New Jersey State Park and Forest campgrounds will be closed through April 30. Restrooms, park offices, nature centers, and historic buildings are also all temporarily closed. All existing reservations during this time period will be refunded.
New Jersey county, city and utility managed campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in New Mexico.
All New Mexico National Park developed campgrounds have been closed.
Carlsbad Caverns National Park has closed the cavern and visitor center as of March 21. The park roads, desert trails, and picnic areas will still remain open.
New Mexico State Parks are closed until April 9th. This includes day-use in addition to the campgrounds, dump station use, and special events.
The Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico has closed all its developed campgrounds. Dispersed camping outside developed sites is still an option, and most fishing accesses are still accessible.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in New York.
New York State Park campgrounds are closed.
Oneida County has closed all private and public campgrounds.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in North Carolina.
National park closures
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park has closed their visitor offices, but at this time, seasonally open campgrounds, picnic areas, roads, trails, and restroom facilities remain open.
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore visitor centers and campgrounds are closed, including Oregon Inlet Campground.
North Carolina State Park campgrounds are closed as of March 17th; trails and restrooms will still remain open. Refunds for upcoming camping reservations will be given by calling 1-877-7-CAMP-NC (877-722-6762).
All USFS campgrounds in North Carolina’s National Forests will remain closed until at least May 15.
County and city park closures
- Mecklenburg County, NC County campgrounds are closed: McDowell Nature Preserve campground
- Guilford County, NC campgrounds are closed: Hagan-Stone Park
- Union County NC Parks & campgrounds are closed: Cane Creek Park
- Dare County is closed to non-residents from entering or travel through.
- Buncombe County campgrounds are closed.
- Jackson County campgrounds are closed.
- Graham County campgrounds are closed.
- City of Windsor campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in North Dakota.
North Dakota Parks and Recreation has closed all state parks and recreation buildings effective March 19. This will include campgrounds, and those affected will have the option to cancel or change their reservation. Day-use facilities at the state parks, including trails and boat ramps, will remain open to the public as of this time, and recreation and natural areas continue to remain open for day use.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Ohio.
Ohio State Parks public outdoor spaces, wildlife areas (with the exception of Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, it is closed), forests and nature preserves remain open, including trails, dog parks, and non-marina docks.
Overnight accommodations including campgrounds, lodges, and cabins are closed.
American Electric Power campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Oklahoma.
Ouachita National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Oklahoma State Parks have no planned park closures and campgrounds remain open at this time. Nature centers are temporarily closed while special park events are canceled or postponed.
US Fish and Wildlife campgrounds at Wichita Mountains Wildlife refuge are closed. Doris Campground and Backcountry camping.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Oregon.
Oregon’s iconic National Park, Crater Lake is closed to all visitors until further notice. John Day Fossil Beds National Monument has temporarily closed their Visitor Center as of March 20, and camping is not allowed within the three units of the monument.
Oregon State Parks will be closed as of March 23. This includes both campgrounds and all day-use areas. All National Forest recreation sites are closed including their campgrounds.
Oregon BLM developed campgrounds are closed.
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife campgrounds are closed.
Oregon Department of Forestry campgrounds are closed. Clatsop, Santiam and Tillamook.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Pennsylvania.
Visitors can access trails, lakes, roads, and parking for recreation such as hiking in Pennsylvania State Parks; however, all facilities in the parks and forests are closed until April 30th. This includes campgrounds, cabins, and all overnight accommodations, as well as restrooms and visitor centers. Refunds will be provided for all of the reservations for the next two weeks.
Most PennDOT rest areas and welcome centers across the state have re-opened.
Allegheny National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Rhode Island.
Rhode Island State Park campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in South Carolina.
Campgrounds at Congaree National Park will be closed effective March 20. This includes the Longleaf and Bluff Campgrounds. The visitor center is also closed indefinitely.
Francis Marion National Forest has closed some campgrounds. Buck Hall Rec Area, Burrells Ford, Cassidy Bridge Hunt Camp, Cherry Hill, Elmwood Campground, Fell Camp, Honey Hill and Whetstone Horse Camp.
All South Carolina State Parks. will be closed through Thursday, April 30, to support the state’s response to COVID-19. This includes the State House Tour Service and gift shop.
All boat ramps and landings to all lakes, rivers and waterways and all public beach access in South Carolina have been closed due to an Executive Order issued by Governor Henry McMaster.
Charleston County campground James Island County Park is closed.
Oconee County campgrounds are closed. Chau Ram, High Falls and South Cove.
Mile Creek County Park is closed until further notice. Most Charleston County Parks are closed until further notice.
Myrtle Beach – Horry County Council enacted Emergency Ordinance 26-20 prohibiting shorter-term rentals and amusement type activities in the unincorporated areas of Horry County from Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. through April 30, 2020. As a result, Ocean Lakes Family Campground in Myrtle Beach is reportedly closed to new camping arrivals and house rentals. They are refunding any reservations through April 30th. Myrtle Beach KOA is reportedly canceling reservations and refunding deposits due to the same closure mandate.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in South Dakota.
Mount Rushmore National Memorial is open, however, the Information Center is closed and all educational programs are canceled. The Presidential Trail and Nature Trail are both currently closed because of ice.
Black Hills National Forest – Developed recreation sites including campgrounds, rental cabins, picnic areas, fire lookouts and observation points are closed until April 30th.
Custer Gallatin National Forest developed campgrounds are closed.
South Dakota State Parks are still open for recreation although the park offices are closed and restroom facilities are still closed for winter. The hiking trails, boat launches, and campgrounds will still be open.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Tennessee.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park – All park areas, except the Foothills Parkway and the Spur, will be closed until Monday, April 6, in a continuing effort to support federal, state, and local efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Cherokee National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Tennessee State Parks have closed all overnight accommodations including all park campgrounds and cabins. All public gathering spaces such as visitor centers and golf courses, and rentable facilities like shelters and pavilions, are temporarily closed. Visitors can still enjoy day-use activities like hiking, biking, lakeside strolls, disc golf, and fishing.
All COE campgrounds in the Nashville Division will be closed. Those with reservations at Defeated Creek Campground before March 19 will be allowed to stay at the campground until March 23. Campgrounds that have not opened yet will be delayed in opening until further notice.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) will be delaying opening five campgrounds until April 15th (at least), including the Douglas Dam Headwater Campground, Douglas Dam Tailwater Campground, Melton Hill Dam Campground, Cherokee Dam Campground, and Watauga Dam Campground. Visitor centers will also be closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Texas.
National parks in Texas
- Big Bend National Park is open for day-use only. All campgrounds, lodging, and overnight use is closed.
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park has closed its visitor center as well as all contact stations. The park and hiking trails remain open for day-use.
County and city park closures include:
- Aransas County campgrounds are closed. Corpus Christi, Fulton, Rockport and Aransas Pass.
- Brewster County campgrounds are closed. Alpine, Marathon, Terlingua and Lajitas.
- Cameron County campgrounds are closed. Andy Bowie Park, Isla Blanca Park and Edwin King Atwood.
- Jeff Davis County campgrounds are closed. Valentine and Fort Davis.
- Lavaca-Navidad River Authority campgrounds are closed. Brackenridge Park and Texana Park.
- Lower Colorado River Authority campgrounds are closed. Plum Park, Matagorda Bay Nature Park, Camp Creek Rec Area, Lake Bastrop South Shore Park, Lake Bastrop North Shore Park, Black Rock Park, Cedar Point Rec Area, Grelle Rec Area, Hollywood Bottom Park, Oak Thicket Park, Park Prairie Park, Muleshoe Bend Rec Area, Shaffer Bend Rec Area and Turkey Bend.
- City of Lewisville campground is closed. Lake Park Campground.
- City of Galveston campgrounds are closed.
- City of Aransas campgrounds are closed.
- Presidio County campgrounds are closed.
- Cameron County (South Padre Island): Andy Bowie County Park, Isla Blanca County Park, Edwin King Atwood Park
- Lewisville Lake Park campground is not accepting new reservations. The campground is now closed, while those who are currently in the campground are permitted to stay in place.
Many private RV parks across Texas have reported they are still open for business. Call ahead and check their website prior to arrival for the latest updates.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Utah.
- Zion National Park is open with reduced services. All Zion Lodge operations will be closed until May 21. The entrance fees will also temporarily be suspended. The shuttle is suspended at this moment but visitors are still welcome to drive up the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive until the limited parking in the main canyon has filled. Camping fees will be accepted via the deposit envelopes.
- Bryce Canyon National Park remains open 24 hours a day. The park road is fully open to Rainbow Point. All visitor centers will be closed and ranger programs are canceled. First-come-first-serve camping remains available at North Campground.
- Capitol Reef National Park is also open with limited visitor services. The Visitor Center, and Gifford House, will be closed at this time. Campsites are still available by reservations only.
Utah State Parks are open or closed on a case-by-case basis. Campground closures include:
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Dead Horse Point State Park
- Goblin Valley State Park
- Green River State Park and Golf Course
- Huntington State Park
- Millsite State Park
- Scofield State Park
- Great Salt Lake State Park (entire park is closed)
The area around Moab is closed. This includes all RV parks and camping on public or private lands within Carbon, Emery, and Grand Counties. Only essential visitors (those working in the county) and primary residents are currently permitted to utilize public lands for primitive camping. No camp shall be located within 200 yards of another camp and no camp shall consist of more than 10 people.
Carbon County campgrounds are closed.
Emery County campgrounds are closed.
Grand County campgrounds are closed.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Vermont.
All public and private camping facilities and RV parks – are to be closed except for stated exemptions when supporting the state’s COVID-19 response.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Virginia.
Virginia State Parks are open for day-use only. All campgrounds and overnight facilities will be closed until April 30. Reservations will be canceled and refunds will be issued to those with existing reservations during this time.
Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority (NOVA Parks) campgrounds will be closed until May 31. This includes Bull Run Regional Park and Pohick Bay Regional Park. Fairfax County Park campgrounds are also closed.
Per a new executive order by the Governor of Virginia, cessation of all reservations for overnight stays of less than 14 nights at all privately-owned campgrounds.
Newport News closed their city campground. Newport News Park.
Northern Virginia Regional Park campgrounds are closed. Bull Run and Pohick Bay.
Fairfax Park County campgrounds are closed. Lake Fairfax and Burke Lake.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Washington.
- Washington National parks campgrounds are closed.
Washington State Parks will be closing their campgrounds from March 23 through April 30. Entrance gates and facilities will be closed, and on-site public services will be suspended.
City of Auburn campgrounds are closed.
Bainbridge Island Metro Park campground is closed.
Chelan County Public Utilities Department is delaying opening of Beebe Bridge park until May 11th.
Clallam County campgrounds are closed. Dungeness Rec Area and Salt Creek Rec Area.
Jefferson County campgrounds are closed. Lower Oak Bay Park, Upper Oak Bay Park, Quilcene Community Campground.
King County campgrounds are closed. Tolt MacDonald Park and campground.
Kitsap County campgrounds are closed. Manchester Stormwater Park, Salmon Haven and Whispering Firs Park.
City of Ocean Shores closed all private and public campgrounds.
Pacific County closed all private and public campgrounds. Bay Center, Chinook, Lebam, Ilwaco, Long Beach, Naselle, Ocean Park, Raymond, South Bend, Tokeland and Willapa.
Port District 2 Wahkiakum campgrounds are closed. Skamokawa Vista City Park and County Line Park.
San Juan County campgrounds are closed.
Skagit County campgrounds are closed. Howard Miller Steelhead County Park, Grandy Lake campground and Sauk Park campground.
Snohomish County Park campgrounds are closed. Flowing Lake, Kayak Point, River Meadows, Squire Creek and Wenberg.
Tacoma Power campgrounds are closed. Elk Plain campground, Rocky Point campground, Alder Lake campground, Mayfield Lake Park, Mossyrock park, Taidnapam park.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in West Virginia.
West Virginia’s State Parks has closed all park lodges and cabins. Campground reservations have been suspended at least through April 16. All nature centers and museums are closed.
Day-use areas remain open for public use to hike, bike a mountain trail, fish in an open stream or simply escape to your nearest park for a little relaxation during these trying times.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin State Parks and trails are set to remain open to the public, however, park campsites are closed through April 30 (refunds will be issued to all of those with reservations). All state park offices, visitor centers and non-essential buildings will be closed as well. Park bathrooms will remain open with increased cleaning protocols.
Click Here to view private campgrounds that may still be open in Wyoming.
Bighorn National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Black Hills National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Shoshone National Forest campgrounds are closed.
Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park have closed to all visitors until further notice. Grand Teton Lodge Company is pushing back opening dates of its facilities.
Wyoming State Parks campgrounds are closed. Open for day use only.
Natrona County campgrounds are closed. Alcova, Antelope Hills, Bar Nunn, Bessemer Bend, Brookhurst, Casper, Casper Mountain, Edgerton, Evansville, Hartrandt, Homa Hills, Meadow Acres, Midwest, Mills, Mountain View, Powder River, Red Butte and Vista West.
National Park campgrounds in Canada are closed.
Parking lots in national parks and at national heritage sites across the country are shut down and access to all areas curtailed indefinitely.
Ontario Provincial Park campgrounds are closed.
British Columbia For the health and safety of BC Parks visitors, employees, park contractors, volunteers and partners, effective immediately, BC Parks is temporarily suspending services and closing facilities in most provincial parks.