At a recent virtual Posh N Coffee event, we met Emma Panepucci, a traveling speech pathologist who makes extra money through reselling clothes, accessories, and other various items online. Like most resellers, Emma sources her inventory from thrift stores before cleaning and restoring them as needed and posting them for sale on platforms such as Poshmark and eBay.
She was kind enough to answer a few questions for us on what it’s like to source and resell from an RV, and hopefully to inspire other RVers who are interested in reselling while on the road.
1. What kind of RV/trailer do you have?
2. Do you travel with family?
3. How long have you been RVing?
4. How often do you travel in your RV?
5. Where are some of your favorite places that you’ve visited?
6. Where/how do you store inventory in your RV?
7. How has COVID-19 affected your travels?
8. What kind of items do you look for? Do you sell home items as well?
9. What are some of your favorite brands to resell?
10. Aside from limited space, do you have any other challenges from reselling while traveling?
11. Do you have any advice for RVers who are interested in getting into reselling?
You can browse Emma’s Poshmark closet at poshmark.com/closet/rethreaded. She also shares RV and reselling related tips and photos on her Instagram, @rethreaded_style.
Really innovative and flexible ways to make some money as well as living the life you want! (And I like kitties too)
Theda Kasner says
Do you pay postage? How do you determine the postage costs and weight of merchandise? Do you have a certain amount of mark up on your purchases?Do have a certain percent mark up that you use or do you actually research each and every item and them use a percentage markup? I am very interested in doing this, but just don’t know how to get started! Where do you advertise? Ebay, Amazon? Thank you for your information and any advice you may offer.
Kristi Preston says
Don’t you need an actual address & what do you if someone wants to return an item? Where would they return them to?