RV trip planning apps have come a long way. Gone are the days when Google Maps was the only route planning tool for RVers, now we have a huge selection of RV trip planning apps that help you with everything from free public Wi-Fi Finders to finding fun and quirky roadside attractions along the way. Here are our favorite RV trip planning apps for great adventures.
Fuel prices are low and now’s the time to make those epic RV road trips you’ve always dreamed about. Start planning future journeys with RV Trip Wizard. Here’s why RVers like The Learning Banks think this app is worth the annual $39 subscription.
RV Trip Wizard is:
- A money saver. In one spot you can calculate the cost of your entire trip. It’s stands out from other apps because shows exactly what you’ll pay for fuel, campgrounds, meals and entertainment.
- Tailored to your preferences. Plan stays at campgrounds you love, not just RV parks affiliated with certain clubs. Whether you want to camp free on BLM land or live it up at full-service RV resorts, you’ll see all of them in this app.
You can also prioritize which camping club stops are most important to you. For example, if you hold Passport America and Escapees RV Club memberships, set your Passport parks as your first choice since the camping discount is larger than what’s offered by your second choice, Escapees.
- Easy to use. The intuitive, drag and drop interface makes it easy to visualize your routes and stops along the way.
- Useable with all of your devices. The software integrates across all types of devices from desktop computers to smart phones. It even works with your GPS! For travelers who want paper documentation, you can even print trip summaries with trip trip factors like:
- Contact information for each destination
- Mileage between stops and overall trip mileage
- Trip cost estimates and GPS coordinates.
Finally, RV Trip Wizard stands out from other itinerary planners because it features tons of other useful information that RVers use often, like locating:
- Free overnight parking at RV-friendly casinos and WalMarts.
- Pet hospitals: over 8,000 are in the directory
- Bike trails: over 12,000 are included
- Go golfing: more than 16,000 courses are included
More RV Trip Planning Apps: Diversions
RV Trip Wizard is the best place to begin mapping out your adventure, but these other highly rated RV travel planning apps integrate and enhance your travels:
Every year over 5,000 low hazard collisions happen in the USA, causing over 100 million dollars’ worth of damage to public and personal property. The folks at LowClearance.com want RVers and truckers to be aware of the hazards of low bridges so they’ve developed an app that will alert you to impending disaster and help you find ways around them. The Low Clearance Alert System integrates with all major GPS systems and works on smart phones too. You can tailor the app with the height of your vehicle, and how far away from the hazard you wish to be alerted.
Does the boss want you to check in at the office while you’re away? When you need to get online in a hurry, the Wi-Fi Mapper Android and iPhone app does the job.
Billing itself as the world’s largest Wi-Fi database, with nearly 500 million Wi-Fi networks worldwide and over 2,000,000 recommended free hotspots, Wi-Fi Mapper also tells you what kind of venue the hotspot is in, how reliable the internet connection is and even if they have good coffee!
When you’re looking for trusted insight about RV parks, turn to other RVers in the RVParkReviews.com community. The web’s oldest and largest resource of RV park reviews is mobile-friendly and the best guide for getting the real scoop on everything from a campground’s setting to their hot tub temperature. Every day thousands of RVers post their opinions about campgrounds throughout North America. Don’t head anywhere without checking out their reviews first.
What RV trip planning apps do you like to use? Let us know and comment, we’d love to learn from your RV travels!